Friday, July 20, 2007

Newsflash!

I took Kaylie to the Pediatric Opthamologist today to get her eyes checked. She sits kind of close to the TV and holds her books close and is very clumsy. Just a precaution right? She is so blind! She is getting her first glasses! Maybe some of you will understand what it means to be 550 points farsighted and to have an extremely bad astigmatism in both eyes. AKA coke bottle glasses. However, we opted for the more expensive not so coke bottle look! She picked out her little frames and we have to wait a week for them to order her prescription in. Yes that's right they don't keep prescriptions that strong on hand. Mine and Jeff's response to all this? We can't stop laughing! Is that rude or what, we just think it's so funny! We'll just have to see what our cute little four eyes will have to say about the world she lives in when she can see! Pictures will be following this post as soon as those slick blue metallic glasses get to come home with us!

6 comments:

Allie said...

You wouldn't be laughing if you had to wear glasses all the time. Poor Kaylie. But, at least she'll be able to see and I bet she'll be cute, even if she's not right in your face anymore. ;0)

Jenny said...

That cracks me up! I love little kids in glasses - it's SO cute! She has already got such a fun personality... it will be fun to see how the world changes when she can see it.

Holly said...

aw, poor thing who has parents that laugh at her! just kidding. i'm sure she'll be so cute, and she'll be happy to discover so much. my mom said that she never knew that trees had individual leaves, and she grew up on a ranch!

and as far as awkward looking kids with glasses...you will have to see some old pictures of dave. he and his dad had the same glasses when he was probably ten or so. they must have been buy one, get one free or something. it's funny now, but poor kid!

Holly said...

p.s. my mom wasn't dumb or anything. i just realized that i kind of made her sound that way.

Julie said...

I didn't think your mom was dumb Holly! She just couldn't see detail right. I'm excited for her to get her glasses. I wonder if she's really as clumsy as she is or if she'll improve with better vision :) Haha, it still makes me laugh!

Sarah said...

That's my same prescription - I can't believe she's avoided death thus far with such bad sight! I'm so glad you guys were perceptive enough to catch it before she walked off a cliff. And yes, little girls in big coke bottle glasses are cute, cute, cute!

I really like the layout of this blog - it's really unusual in a good way. I've seen so many blogs and this one is actually unique! Nice work.

Christmas Cuties!

Kaylie"s new world!

My girls

My girls
Kaylie

Ashley