Saturday, July 28, 2007

Kaylie's cool glasses!


Yesterday we got the call from Excel Eye Center that Kaylie's glasses were finally ready. When we picked them up she didn't seem to think things were too different she was just reveling in the novelty of the new glasses. We got in the car and drove to Burger King and as she was getting out of the car I guess she realized for the first time the texture of the pavement and parking lot. She didn't dare walk on it without holding mom or dad's hand. As she tried to step up onto the sidewalk the curb seemed daunting to her. She kept gingerly putting out her leg until finally she stepped up. We laughed and held her hand but it wasn't until we got into the restaurant that she started to really get scared of the floor and would not walk on the tile without us holding her hand. I guess she has never been able to distinguish between the tiles either and she desperately wanted us to take off the glasses. We told her that the floor has always been like that but she just couldn't see it before and that these glasses are going to help her eyes get better. She looked at Jeff's unshaven face and noticed for the first time the individual hairs on his chin. We had fun exploring her new world with her yesterday and are glad that she has decided she likes her glasses.

6 comments:

david said...

Kaylie--you are too cute!! That was a hilarious video. I think it is fun that she can see now! yay!

Julie said...

She really likes being able to see but she gets kind of frustrated that she has to wear them!

Allie said...

She looks ADORABLE!! I don't like to wear my glasses all the time either, it stinks! The video is darling. Tell her the kids love her new glasses!---Chris and Allie

Holly said...

She looks SO cute! What a doll!

Julie said...

Kaylie has decided she loves her glasses more and more each day! She clapped and shouted yay yay yay this morning when she woke up and I told her it was time to put on her glasses. She really is the sweetest little thing. She reminds me of all the things I'm grateful for!

Sarah said...

What a precious video! I remember when I first got my glasses in 5th grade and the shock of actually being able to read what the teacher was writing on the blackboard! She looks like she'll do just fine though now that she can see to avoid those tricky cracks in the tile :)

Christmas Cuties!

Kaylie"s new world!

My girls

My girls
Kaylie

Ashley