Sunday, June 24, 2007

Barbecue

Okay, so this is my attempt at creating a blog. I frequently visit the Butler's and Lesue's blogs and they are fabulous! I am a bit nervous to do this as I am not a great writer and I'm not particularly funny but last night we had a little get together with some friends of ours and they encouraged me to just start one. We ate dinner, hamburgers, hot dogs...and all the other normal foods at a barbecue but then Jeff came out with his new tree lounge tree climber. He kept telling everyone that he wanted to find a tree to climb. None of us knew what he had in mind since none of us had ever seen one of these apparatuses before but we all ventured out into the front yard to look at the trees on the street. Jeff found the one he wanted to climb but didn't dare ask the neighbors so I went in the house and called them on the phone and said, "Do you mind if my husband climbs your tree"? Sounds pretty ridiculous doesn't it? Usually I would ask a neighbor if I could borrow an egg or something but we don't really know these neighbors very well anyway so it was a little awkward but they were nice and said yes. So here are some pictures of our little activity in case any of you wonder, like we did, what a tree lounge is!

3 comments:

david said...

Julie...LOVE IT! I'm so glad you guys finally joined the blogging world. That BBQ was so fun - and I still crack up thinking about jeff's tree lounger. I seriously had no idea what to expect. Did you get your run in today? I have to show you my nursing clips (I took your idea about the nursing blankets and just made clips)- see what you think.

P.s. this is jenny, not david

Holly said...

yay! you guys finally have a blog going too! we love it! and we especially loved the entertainment of jeff's tree climbing.

David Lesue said...

Hooray! Nice work guys. Welcome to the time-wasters club. :)

Christmas Cuties!

Kaylie"s new world!

My girls

My girls
Kaylie

Ashley