Wednesday, February 11, 2009

So Scary!!!

If I would have known what was going to happen today when I woke up I would have stayed home and made my girls snuggle me all day long!!!!!!!!!!! We went grocery shopping and both the girls were in the shopping cart sitting quietly in the back. I was looking at the dips Macey's has and turned around just in time to see Ashley trying to climb out of the cart, I couldn't get to her in time and her head went splat on the floor. I screamed at the top of my lungs as I tried to catch her making the whole entire store come running. She was crying so hard and SO WAS I! Some sweet lady came running over and just hugged us both trying to comfort us. And all the while my sweet Kaylie kept telling me it was all her fault, if only she had been watching her better. What a sweet kid! It was so not her fault! Ashley just kept screaming owie, head owie! I HATE it when things like this happen. She soon fell asleep so she has me worried about a concussion. I keep prying her eyelids open to check her pupils. What in the world would I do without my girls?!?!? Now my poor baby has a monster goose egg and I couldn't do a thing to stop it! I cried my way through the store to the check out counter and EVERYONE just stared at me frozen in place. I didn't care one bit! Who cares about a little embarrassment when your kid is hurt? Now after Instacare and the ER we are keeping a close eye, did I mention her right eye is swollen almost completely shut!, on our little stinker as she does have a concussion and will need to be woken up every four hours tonight.

5 comments:

Allie said...

I'm so sorry! That happened to Ty when he was really little, except for Bryson tipped the cart over with him strapped in the seat. Luckily he was wearing a big coat with a thick hood on so it didn't hurt as bad as it could have. Hope she's doing okay!

Holly said...

i'm so sorry julie, that would be so scary! i hope all is well now.

The Chambers Family said...

That happened to Courtney when she was little. Tiffani, tipped her over in the stroller. Good thing these kids are so tough. I hope that Ashley is doing better.

Georgie said...

Oh my goodness Julie. That is so scary. I would have reacted the same. I hate it when your kids get hurt...especially when they get a head injury. Its so scary. I hope she is okay now!! Love ya!

Georgie said...

So, I just saw that this post is almost a year old, but still...very scary!!

Christmas Cuties!

Kaylie"s new world!

My girls

My girls
Kaylie

Ashley