Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What do I do?

Yesterday was an interesting day at our house! We had tacos for dinner, normally the girls both love tacos so it was a no brainer since Jeff and I both had to work. This is what happened at dinner: (The all capital letters indicate yelling)!
Kaylie: "Oh my HELL, I'm not eating this! My tortilla fell apart."
Mom: "Excuse you little girl! What did you just say?"
Kaylie: "I didn't say a bad word, I WAS SPEAKING IN SPANISH."
As Jeff and I tried to hide our giggles we were astonished at this phrase our child just used! We asked her what she said and she didn't repeat it again so we let it go. After dinner Kaylie came with me to Costco. I looked out the window as we were getting out of the car to go into Costco and I told her it looked like it was going to rain. Kaylie screamed up into the sky, "Jesus, don't let it rain, I hate the rain!" Then she turned to me and said, "Don't worry mom, I just told Jesus not to let it rain."

I'm at a loss for what to do. I don't know where she learned this phrase, we have been trying to teach her appropriate usage for Jesus and God for quite a while, however, I am stumped. Are we bad parents, is this just a stage?????? I would love any suggestions! Please I'm begging here!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I don't have any idea what needs to be done!! I guess just keep on being consistent with telling her the correct usage of Jesus and God.
The "Spanish" word is hilarious. It would have been hard not to laugh.
I hope you figure it out, and let me know so I can be prepared when Lauren gets to that age!!

Fullmer Family said...

She must have picked that "spanish" word up from her Aunt Thurn!! :) I know that's where I picked up all mine while we were all up here together! Ha ha...
Good luck with Kaylie - she'll get it. :)

JT said...

I don't know what the hell you are worried about!

Holly said...

HILARIOUS!!

Christmas Cuties!

Kaylie"s new world!

My girls

My girls
Kaylie

Ashley