Monday, April 7, 2008

Enchanted

This may sound a little cheesy but I have to say it. I love our new prophet President Thomas S. Monson! I am Enchanted by him! He is soooo funny and he keeps such a stone face while telling his jokes which makes the story even funnier! However, my favorite part about his talk from Sunday morning was his concise, directed manner in which he simply stated that we are in a raging war against sin, BUT righteousness will prevail. The good guys will win. It was so refreshing to hear him tell us to focus on the good things. I get so caught up in all the gloom and doom in the world and the bad news that I forget that goodness really does exist! My husband makes fun of me because all of my favorite movies are kids movies with happily ever afters! Guess what, I will get my happily ever after! Just like Enchanted, Cinderella........the list could go on and on I will get my happily ever after. It will be a rocky road but I'm going to do everything I can to make sure I get there. I look at my sweet little girls and watch Kaylie's delighted face as she watches her happily ever after movies and am happy to know that we are on the winning side of this war! I love my savior Jesus Christ and am so grateful for his atoning sacrifice. What a wonderful weekend full of inspiring messages from such great and honorable men and women.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I am right there with you Julie! He is so amazing. Before conference started, I was sad and anticipating missing President Hinckley, and I did a little, but mostly was so grateful for President Monson! Did you watch the special on him on Sunday? I loved all the stories! I think we are so blessed to have him!

Julie said...

I didn't see the special on him! I wish I would have watched it!

Christmas Cuties!

Kaylie"s new world!

My girls

My girls
Kaylie

Ashley